Saturday 12 September 2009

Let's get to the Point..u

I have a number of Pointu scarves and I have been trying to come up with new ways to wear them. Today I found this looked nice:-

It is very easy to do and is a play on a knot you can do with a normal square scarf.

I am wearing/using my Hermes Carre en Carre Pointu which I bought in Hermes Berlin Friedrichstrasse last January.


Take the pointu and place it right side up.
Then pull one end over to meet the other end so that the wrong side is showing on the triangle you have made.










Then pinch together the right angle/square corner you have made along the longest part of the triangle









Then gently make a knot and pull tight - try to avoid straining or pulling on the hand rolled hems









Next flip the scarf ends open to reveal the right side again and tuck the knot down behind the twist of silk
Then put the scarf around your neck, you can either put the scarf in place by tying a knot at the back or you can cross the ends over at the back once and bring the ends back to the front and knot again under the twist at the front.

6 comments:

  1. fabulous. Love that knot and love that Pointu. I am wearing mine really often, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanmiracle - yes it's a great design for the Pointu - and so light to wear I love the Pointus. I was really pleased this knot worked so well so I will be wearing it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pointu and a great idea for knot. I've never bought a pointu as I'm a bit unsure on how to wear so thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome (sorry I'm late replying!!)

    ReplyDelete