Sunday 10 October 2010

Pointu Week

Over on TPF the theme for the last week was "Point Me to Your Pointu" giving us the excuse to wear our pointu scarves.  
Les Cles


I have 4 pointus and had some fun wearing my Les Cles this week and taking some photos of my others for the thread.

Carre en Carre















The pointu is simply a triangle shaped scarf but recently Hermès seem to have stopped making them except for one per season made from unusal fabrics :-( The Pointus are particularly easy to wear being so much smaller and less voluminous.


I secured the scarves using my new horn scarf ring from the MaiTai Collection which saves making a bulky knot - much more comfy to wear!  These rings open up a lot more possibilities for wearing your scarves - I just fed each scarf end through the ring and pulled to the length I required.










Les Cles with medium size scarf ring
Brides de Gala




The last pointu that I bought was this lovely pale blue pointu version of the Hermès classic design Couvertures et Tenues - I pulled the tied ends to the side which adds interest to the scarf.
Couverture et Tenues
Always one to experiement with my scarves I decided to put 2 pointus together (wrong side to wrong side)with the following results - I have done this in the past as well.  They are so light it is not a problem wearing 2 together in this way.
Carre en Carre with Couvertures et Tenues.
Couvertures et Tenues with Carre en Carre


7 comments:

  1. Great post, dear Scarf Addict! Love your Pointu collection, and I agree, it is such a fabulous sized scarf. I wish H would continue making them. Really happy to see the scarf rings in action, they look wonderful with your Pointus! Have a great Sunday. Best, MaiTai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Pointus together-- very creative. I like the look and I especially like the Couvertures et Tenues pulled to the side.

    From the looks created by you and MaiTai, I am starting to think more about a Pointu. I passed them by in the past because I was concerned about a bulky knot with such a small scarf. Now I see that the horn scarf rings secure them nicely without the bulk.

    Wishing you a lovely week SA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you SMR - the horn rings are perfect with the pointus - glad you said you like the CetT pointu I have really enjoyed wearing it to the side too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic pictures with beautiful scarves. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Scarf Addict: Lovely action shots as always. I particularly love your CWs of the CetT! Less bulk is also why I love the 70cm.
    Maisie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarf - you're welcome!

    MaisieZ - Thank you - and yes I agree less is more!

    ReplyDelete