Sunday 10 August 2014

New York 2

No trip to New York is complete without a bit of retail therapy! And there is no shortage of things to see and buy if you so wish - here are a few of things I saw...
Tiffany's - probably one of the most 
famous jewellers in New York.
The beautiful "Tiffany Diamond" - 
NOT for sale but on display on the 
ground floor of Tiffanys.  I was so 
pleased photos were allowed!
Some of the lovely jewellery on sale in the 
Jewellery Quarter on W47th between 5th 
and 6th.  It being a Saturday though not 
many shops were open it being the 
Sabbath Day.
NY has some crazy things on sale here 
some whacky false eyelashes!


All that glitters is not gold...


Cute puppies...


Posh cats...get those ears!


Lovely flowers.....


Then a "cannot believe my eyes moment" 
a cup cake ATM!!!


Order and hey presto your cakes arrive in 
the dumb waiter to the right - how cool is that?!
At Sephora Colombus Circle an "Eye Pad"....


how clever is this!!  Lip glosses on the 
right hand column - I had to have a 
couple of  these - just because!


Oh my favourite cookies from 
Duane Reade!


Lovely fresh herbs at the Union Square Market


Chamomile flowers for making 
your own tea!


The Maple Syrup people - I bought a 
mini jug to take home and the lady let 
me try some maple syrup candyfloss 
which you can just make out hanging 
in bags - it was yummy!!


More lovely vegetables.


The view uptown from Union Square.  
Near Union Square there as the most 
amazing party shop - they had stuff 
for parties in every theme and colourway 
imaginable I was dumb struck - sadly I 
took no photos of it but it was incredible.  
I'll just have to go again!


And the ESB gets in on the act.

That's all for this post but save to say 
I did meet up with 2 lovely TPFers - stay 
 tuned to see my New York souvenir and 
then I will have to report on the ballet and 
exhibition I went to see!!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely NYC sights here...the cupcake ATM is priceless - whoever thinks of these things? Tiffany diamond is beyond gorgeous - a must-see to the visitor. And those maple cookies - we enjoy them when we visit our daughter in Canada: Yum :)

    ReplyDelete