Saturday 12 February 2011

By Request - Butterfly "Knot"

Following some requests for a little how to video of the Butterfly "Knot" I have done one which I hope will help show how to achieve this very pretty look easily!

I am showing here how to do the knot using 2 gavroches (Ex-Libris en Camouflage), but it works equally well with a larger 70cm or 90cm scarf or a plisse.  You can tie a single knot first for a smaller look, but it works better without a single knot for the gavroches as they are so small anyway.
2 H gavroches, MaiTaiCollection petite horn scarf ring  and
 Hermes Bolduc scarf ring.


First I folded them in the basic fold and then fastened the two gavroches using my petite horn scarf ring from the MaiTai Collection - just pass each end through the ring to secure:-














Then put the scarves around your neck and get your scarf ring - follow the video and hopefully you will have a lovely Butterfly Knot!  Just a little word of caution - do check that the scarf ring you use is on tight as you do not want it to slip off - I used one that was too big for my 70cm once and it fell off and got damaged on the floor:-(

14 comments:

  1. It looks great! Thanks a lot for instruction video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, finally i've learned this beautiful knot. carine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried this know with a plisse following your directions but I love the idea of doing it with two gavroches, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Birkinmary - it is a fun way to wear the little squares! Glad you like it :-)SAx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the video SA. The knot is so simple, yet so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello SMR glad you like the video, it really is an easy "knot" to do yet looks really intricate! SAx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this butterfly knot. Thanks so much for the video =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scarf blog and I love scarves too! Thanks for posting all these beautiful scarves and 'how to's".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your scarf blog and I love scarves too! Thanks for posting your beautiful collection and very helpful "how to's".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still here as far as I can see! SA

    ReplyDelete