Tuesday 18 May 2010

Big Bird - Not Quite Hermès!

I like aeroplanes and my biggest regret in life is never having flown Concorde :-( Concorde was such a beautiful aeroplane and nothing else quite has that cachet.




A BA Concorde on her final flight with the amazing Red Arrows Team
 - photo from Solar Navigator

However, a few years ago along came the new Airbus A380.  I was not sure I would like to fly on such a big plane, but now that I have seen a few at airports they are not so intimidating anymore!  I thought I would have to go somewhere exotic like Singapore to be able to fly on an A380 but no!!  Air France have launched

Air France A380 - photo from Air France (UK site)
a special offer to celebrate the arrival of their new A380 and they are offering an amazing price on summer weekend flights between Paris CDG and London Heathrow - the price is unbelievable.  How could I resist?  I managed to book a flight London to Paris and back both on an A380, so I can fulfill this ambition, but not only that I get to go to Paris and "you know where" as well - I think I just died and went to heaven!

Bon voyage!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip, I'll miss you! Don't forget to take lots of pictures to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you didn't (die and go to heaven) because our pilot told me Air France is one of the airlines he would NOT fly, due to their safety statistics.

    ReplyDelete