Sunday 23 August 2009

Not all my scarves are Hermes!










Some of my favourite scarves are not Hermes at all, but Tie Rack.  A few years ago Tie Rack supported art/design students through their Young British Designer range.  I own 2 of the scarves from that range and they are just about my all time favourites because I love the colours and patterns plus the stories and sentiments attached.  The first scarf is "The Magic Carpet" by Jill France the colours and patterns in this are to my eye fabulous and just "do it" for me.  I own a Hermes "Zabavushka" scarf from AW09 and for me that scarf draws a parallel to the patterns and some colours in "The Magic Carpet"...which is probably why I had to have it, as well as liking all things Russian (of course!). 
^^Zabavushka
The second scarf in the greens and blues is by Tamara Salman but I do not have its name. The city of Venice is one of my favourite places and this design reminds me of Venice and the Basilica of San Marco.


The balloon basket the man is standing in is rather gondola like as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment