Saturday 19 March 2011

Trophees de Venise

While I was in Venice I bought a special edition of the scarf design Trophees de Venise.  There is just the one colourway, and the scarf only bears the name Hermes de Venise not Trophees de Venise as in the original.  I have been after this design for some time so I was delighted to see the design hanging on the wall as I entered the Venice Hermes boutique.  The pale greys and blues are very neutral and this scarf has an etoupe border - all these colours are the kind that pick up on whatever you are wearing so it should be fairly versatile.  Here are a few photos of the detail.
The 2010 Christmas box.










































The horses of St Marks.

J Abadie is the designer.


Gondola scene.

Basilica San Marco.

15 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! Such a beautiful scarf and I adore the pale blue/grey. Enjoy wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs E! I agree the colours will go with lots of things. SAx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! That scarf is stunning! I absolutely love the gray, taupe, and blue colors - so soft, soothing, and neutral. The design is beautiful and is such a lovely reminder of your trip as well. Congratulations, Scarf Addict. :-)
    CS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificient scarf! I love grey and rose colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you CS for your kind comments! :-) SA


    Tereza - thank you glad you like! :-)SA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, many congratulations on this special beauty. Love the CW, so elegant and refined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a masterpiece of a Carre in a sophisticated CW. Congratulations! May I ask you when was your special edition first issued?
    Cordially Edith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you MaiTai - and it is another chameleon I think! SA :-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Edith - this edition must be current at Venice because in 2010 they did not have a special edition because I did ask. In 2008 they did Rialto in a 70cm, this is the first special I have seen since then. They had plenty of stock I think as they had one on the wall and in the show case and mine was taken from a drawer. You could always phone them to ship you one if you want one I guess! Hope that helps. SA :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply lovely and the details are wonderful. I can see why you searched for it for a long time...And what a great "souvenir" from your trip. ;-) Congrats SA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello SMR, thank you so much, I was very pleased to find this design for sure! Have a nice weekend, SA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much LTTPYDA! SA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable scarf, and heaven in the restrained greys and white.It makes me long to jump on a vaporetta to visit the places on your scarf. Great post, thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Estrella, I was really pleased to find this and in Venice too! SA :-)

    ReplyDelete